After making the last whip, I started to think that there aren’t many bullwhips on this site. In fact, the only two that I made so far are out in the wilderness prior to the inception of these pages. So I decided to make a bullwhip.
The handle is an eight inch rod with the normal weighted core and three layers of plaited nylon over it. There is a word woven into the handle, which my partner mentioned is hard to see. I think the picture below shows it best, but I can see how using the five-by-four sized letters would make it hard. In response, I designed my own alphabet for the next ones, but I figure the word PAIN is very recognizable and appropriate. The butt knot is a two pass 5×4 Herringbone knot, which encloses a Crocodile plait; there is a raised ridge in the center leaving the back flat. The other knot is a four pass Aztec knot which is not too dissimilar to the Headhunters knot that I used initially.
The attachment for the fall is also new. Instead of the stockwhip attachment, I used a Snake’s Head Hitch. The new hitch is supposed to be re-doable, shaving a few inches off the total length, which seems good. Testing will have to work things out.
While this is a prototype, it is for sale to interested parties who do not mind.